Join our EU Advocacy Team
BVMN’s EU Advocacy Team is currently recruiting a paid staff member to join our coordination team who work to bring evidence of mass human rights violations to relevant EU, UN and national fora, to hold governments accountable and to establish pushbacks and the rights of people on the move as an international priority.
We are currently looking to fill the following role:
- EU Advocacy Assistant and Policy Analyst: Working closely with the Head of Advocacy to focus on EU level avenues to realise these aims. This is achieved through providing briefings to key stakeholders on specific topics, providing feedback on legislative proposals, and engaging with other Brussels oriented groups doing the same work.
- Full role specification can be found here.
📌 Application Deadline: October 6, 2023
📅 Application Review and Responses: By October 20, 2023
📝 Apply: Send your CV and a cover letter of no more than two pages to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our Legal Team
We are searching for volunteers with a background in law or experience in legal work or legal advocacy for a minimum period to join our team for at least 3 months on a rotation basis. The work will be mostly remote, but in specific circumstances, the volunteer may be placed with a member organization in the region. Typical responsibilities include:
- -Undertaking field and theory-based legal research;
- -Drafting legal briefs, submissions, and other types of communications;
- -Contributing to the overall legal advocacy efforts of the Network;
- -Ensuring that witnesses and survivors are treated with the highest levels of care and professionalism at all times;
- -Attending internal coordination meetings and external meetings with relevant stakeholders.
If interested, please write send your motivation, relevant experience, and availability to email@example.com
Join our Field Team
Our field team and member organisations are looking for volunteers to help:
- -Collect on-site reports of human rights violations against people-on-the-move by conducting interviews with victims and witnesses;
- -Maintain our database and edit case reports;
- -Communicate with local organisations and potential partners;
- -Write inquiries, summary reports and statements;
- -Communicate with the press;
- -Manage and contribute to social media channels;
- -Illustrate reports and releases;
- -Fundraise and write grant applications;
- -Organize public events.
If interested, please write us your motivation, relevant experience, and your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org