Skip to content
Support our work

The respondent, with the deep cuts on his hands, states that he repeatedly asked for a doctor because the wounds continued to bleed, but the answer from one of the men in uniform was: " Shut up, don't speak."

Date & Time 2023-03-27
Location Mórahalom, 6782 Hungary
Reported by No Name Kitchen
Coordinates 46.188062562647, 19.877420338674
Pushback from Hungary
Pushback to Serbia
Taken to a police station unknown
Minors involved no
WLTI* involved no
Men involved yes
Age 19 - 28
Group size 9
Countries of origin Morocco, Tunisia
Treatment at police station or other place of detention photos taken, denial of food/water
Overall number of policemen and policewomen involved 10
Violence used beating (with batons/hands/other), kicking, pushing people to the ground, insulting
Police involved 10 hungarian police officers dressed in blue navy. 1 white van with blue stripes

On the 27th of March a group of 9 people, 8 from Morocco and 1 from Tunisia were pushed back from Hungary to Serbia, near the city of Marhalom (Hungary).

The respondents are two Moroccan men aged 25 and 27.

The respondents state that around 10 pm of the 26th of March the group was walking towards the Serbian-Hungarian border fence. One of the respondents, showing his hands, claims that he deeply cut them with the wire.

Reportedly, the group, after having crossed the border, walked for two hours: around 3 am, the respondents recall, they were reached by 2 persons in uniforms with blue navy uniforms, identified as Hungarian police officers. According to one of the respondents, the 2 persons in uniform called a patrol of 8 people, so in the end there were present 10 persons in uniform.

One of the police officers was treating us very badly, he was beating us a lot.”

The respondents claim that the group was forced to sit on the ground for hours, while they were sitting on the ground the men in uniform were beating them with batons, and iron sticks and kicking them.

The respondent with the deep cuts on his hands states that he repeatedly asked for a doctor because the wounds continued to bleed, but the answer from one of the men in uniform was: “ Shut up, don’t speak.”

Reportedly, the group was put into a white van with blue stripes, where inside there were already around 20-25 people from Afghanistan, Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria. One of the respondents claims that one man in uniform took pictures of them while they were in the van.

The respondents claim that they repeatedly asked for water and something to break Ramadan fasting and but they refused and they were shouting: “Shut up Shut up“.

According to the respondents they stayed in the van for 2 hours because the people in uniform were collecting as many people as possible to bring them to Serbia.

After the group got out of the car on the Serbian border, the people in uniforms forced them to face the wall while they were beating them on their heads and on their backs while they were saying: ” Raise your hands!”. The respondents state that especially one of the men in uniform beat them very badly.

The group was released around 6 am.